December 2, 2011
GTI has a new addition!
GTI is pleased to welcome our newest member of the True Light team!
Nick Lena will be GTI’s new Director of Technology, overseeing the LiteSupport Service program, and providing technical and sales support for products in both Graphic Arts and Color and Appearance industries. With a long history of success in lighting technologies, Nick will be a valuable asset to our team at GTI, helping to work towards optimal color evaluation and management for anyone and everyone who works with color.
Before joining us at GTI, Nick was the Product Line Manager at Gamma Scientific for Commercial Lighting, Military, and Displays. He has also worked as Director of Technology and Business Unit Manager for KonicaMinolta, and spent 20 years as Lighting and Radiometric Product Marketing Manager at GretagMacbeth. Nick is the author of The Fundamentals of Color and Appearance, a course book still used to teach students, and has developed several educational webinars for the IES Education website.
Adding to his invaluable experiences, Nick has been a part of numerous influential organizations for lighting and color technologies. Here are just a few:
- long-standing member of the Illumination Engineering Society of North America (IES)
- active committee member of The American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) E12 Color and Appearance committees
- Chairman of the ASTM E-12.92 Planning and ASTM E12.11 Visual Methods Committee
- vital participant in the process of the ANSI / ISO TC42 standardization on Visual Evaluation of Color and Uniformity in the Graphic Arts, now the current ISO 3664 standard for viewing in the Graphic Arts industries
- participated in AATCC RA36 on Lighting Communications for Textiles and Apparel
- advises the CIE (International Commission on Illumination) committee TC1-44 for Practical Daylight Sources for Colorimetry
GTI is enthusiastic about the addition of Nick Lena to our team, and we look forward to the benefits that the combined expertise and experience of this new relationship will bring to the GTI clientele.