July 22, 2016
GTI & Remote Director Offer Soft Proofing Packages
GTI Graphic Technology, Inc., the leading manufacturer of lighting systems for critical color viewing, color communication, and color match assessment has teamed with Cardiff by the Sea, CA based Remote Director LLC, to offer a series of complete soft proofing solutions. Remote Director is the recognized leader in color accurate monitor-based proofing.
Soft proofing allows the user to view an accurate representation of what a final print will look like on their monitor. This visual representation (soft proof) replaces a traditional hard copy proof and serves as a contract between supplier and buyer. A contract soft proofing system will enhance a digital workflow by providing proofs that are accurate, repeatable, and supported by industry standards. A GTI iQ viewing system combined with Remote Director software will remove the manual processes and guess work from soft proofing to establish an automated streamlined workflow that provides accurate and repeatable results. The system enables superb lighting uniformity by meeting ISO 3664:2009 D50 light quality for superior color rendition.
Robert McCurdy, President of GTI Graphic Technology Inc. states, “We are delighted to be partnering with Remote Director to offer four unique soft proofing bundles that will allow service providers to easily implement a high-end soft proofing solution.” Dan Caldwell, President of Remote Director adds, “Soft proofing allows all stakeholders to look at the same proof at the same time regardless of their location. It significantly shortens the approval cycle and saves substantial money. By adding a GTI iQ viewing system the user can extend the benefits of soft proofing by matching monitor luminance to the viewer, automatically calibrating the viewer, and adjusting for ambient light. The Remote Director / GTI iQ bundle and the customer’s monitor is all that needed is to implement a complete and successful soft proofing solution.”
Four packages are being offered. Each includes:
- A two year subscription for two concurrent seats to Remote Director Software. Remote Director provides the ability to create projects, add files, and invite any number of reviewers to annotate and approve. The solution includes the ability to calibrate and verify the monitor for each viewer, organize proofs, set due dates, and report on the status of review and approval.
- USB instrument to calibrate the monitor.
- A GTI iQ enabled ISO 3664:2009 compliant viewing system. GTI’s iQ viewing systems use the wireless iQ sensor to measure the luminance of the monitor. The sensor automatically communicates this data to the viewing station where it is used to match the light level of the viewing station to the luminosity of the monitor.
Packages are available for the following iQ enabled GTI viewing systems:
- The SOFV-1xiQ Desktop Viewer which includes a viewing area of 24” x 19.5” (61 cm x 50 cm), upper and lower luminaires, side walls, automatic calibration, and GTI’s iQ technology.
- Three EVS/iQ viewing stations are offered. Each includes digital dimming, a storage cabinet, side walls, LCD monitor mount, a keyboard drawer, and GTI’s iQ technology.
- EVS-2540/iQ has a viewing area of 24” x 40” (64 cm x 102 cm)
- EVS-3052/iQ has a viewing area of 29” x 52” (74 cm x 132 cm)
- EVS-3552/iQ has a viewing area of 35” x 52” (89 cm x 132 cm)
The SOFV-1xiQ Remote Director Bundle will be demonstrated from September 13 to 15 at Label Expo in Rosemont, IL (Booth # 5600) and from September 25 to 28 at Graph Expo in Orlando, FL (Booth # 2273). The soft proofing bundles are being sold by GTI and are available immediately.